Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Top 5...Almost

I was having a conversation with a good friend of mines. He said that a guy posed him with a question....


Says " Whats your top 5 albums of all time? "


Thats not a simple question.....at all. So we stared thinking about it. you cant do it, lol. I mean.. you have to at least separate it in to genres . Rap....R&B...jazz.....just not a simple and plan Top 5 list.


We decided to stay with rap for todays discussion. Our music taste are pretty similar..some of our top 5 was the same...some not.

I say top 5...but i couldn't narrow it down to JUST 5. I was tryin, but i just couldn't eliminate some stuff.


In no order....


Aquemni- OutKast.

That was truly a classic album. I say no order, but this might be my number one all time.









Soul Food- Goodie Mob.

Again.....classic cd. Was so pissed when they did "World Party" though









BlackStar- Blackstar
2 of the dopest lyrics spitters make an album...how cool is that. The track "Respiration'" With Common...have to say one of the better collaborations this hip hop generation has seen








Common- Like water for chocolate.
From track 1...its a pretty solid cd. "Thelonius" with slum village (hometown homeys) hits real hard.







All Eyes On Me- 2Pac
"..Out on bail...fresh outta jail California dreamin'.." Pac had some nice work...this was probably my favorite cd of his.





I have other albums thats gonna mess me up as far as maintaining a top 5....


Illmatic- Nas


Things Fall Apart- The Roots


Reasonable Doubt- Jay-Z


Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik- Outkast


Ready to Die- Notorious B.I.G



Im sure im forgetting some key albums...and i know i will be reminded of that as well, lol .




O



7 comments:

Jazzy said...

as long as you have biggie on the list...we cool...i'm still mad at you though

Anonymous said...

Don't think I've heard the full Goodie Mob album but I trust your judgment on that one.

Surprised I don't see ATCQ.

Dave Van Buren said...

Man I think I could argue with you on this for a minute. You have some classic albums on there but I don't know if they all top 5.

Otis said...

Damn dave...not even Aquemni???

Mr.Slish said...

Your list was on point bruh...Mos def is a fantastic story teller....

Sexxy Luv said...

No Beyonce?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You are definitely right. This is no easy project.