Thursday, July 24, 2008
So.....i stole this post from Someone ... lol
1. Atl, Ga...I have family down there, so been down there a lot of times. Its wonderful down there during the x-mas holiday..weathers great! Hell, WAY better than the Michigan winter.
2. Boston, Mass. ...Was there for on a work related trip. Got a chance to visit Harvard and had some of the Bestiest Clam chowder!
3. Egypt, Africa...Well, i cant totally count this one, lol. I say that because it was on the way to another place and i never got off the plane...just sat there and refueled for 2 hours.
4. Ethiopia , Africa..WONDER PLACE!!! We see all the stereotypes at home on tv....barefoot, flies on them...mess like that. True enough its there...but hell its everywhere. But thats just a small part of what i saw. Beautiful women...educated people. We Americans got this notion that all Africans are super dark...like purple black, lol. But thats a different part of Africa (Sudan). These folks were fair skinned..even light skinned.
5.Lincoln, Nebraska..My second home...i work out there for my job time to time...nothing there....
6. London, England...Wasn't pressed at all. Weather was bad...nothing to see...lol
7. Mendahall, Mississippi..Have you ever heard about those towns where it starts right after the railroad??? this is that!!! lol . But it has the nicest people you could imagine there.
8. Mexico..HOT AS HELL
9. Montego Bay, Jamaica...Great place! I do remember going to the McDonald's or Burger King...and i think that the ice cream was goat cheese, lol. But Dunns River Falls was great...getting to climb up the water falls...WONDERFUL.
10. Nashville, Tennessee ..Went down there a couple time. But this one time...me and my boy went to visit his sister who went to Tennessee State at the time....Yalls college folk knows hows to party!!
11. New York..I was there in July before the 9/11 attacks. Didn't do too much, did get to the top of the Empire State Building though. i wanna go back....
12. Toronto, Canada... Went with 2 of my good friends (Its the R.O.C!!) WE HAD A BALL!!!!! except when we went to this Chinese place...and i almost choked to death on a shrimp....was f'd up....lol
13. Walt Disney World... Went right after i graduated from high school ( Redford c/o 98' ) . It was pretty fun. Saw M.I.C.K.E.Y and everything..lol
at 10:18 AM
Friday, July 18, 2008
So im heading to Chicago with some old co-workers for the weekend...hoping to have a blast!!!
This is a totally random post..just some things on my mind
- Busta Rhymes still doing it... he got " BASS " (listen)
- Don't wanna go back to Nebraska.... :(
- Try this...Absolute Disaster: shot... 1 part absolute, 1 part jagermeister, 1 part sambuca
- Not a gay basher...to each its own..just dont fake the funk
- Al Reynolds said he not gay..( shhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt )
- My lil bro is turning 19 this weekend....feelin a bit old
- Try this ....Mexican Drive-by : a shot....1 part patron, 1 part crown royal, 1 part goldschlager
- Old people should be barred from using the self check out at the market...stood behind a person trying to find the bar code on bananas...........
- I watched the episode yesterday of Martin (watch) where he interrogates his friends about his missing cd player...soooo funny everytime i see it !!! lmao
Have a Great weekend folks !!
at 8:56 AM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
- People stop at the green turn arrow......( either turn or get out the way!!)
- You have to sit in work meetings that have nothing at all to do with you
- When you go out of town for work and have no phone signal...(maybe thats just me)
- Some people call you, and you know that they want something from you ( switch it up some..call for stupid reasons as well so that i dont always think you want something)
- The damn dog just keeps barking in the morning...(just give me 15 more minutes!!!)
- Your socks get wet??? (i can not stand that !!!)
- Your a/c in your car doesn't work.... ( well, mines never worked, lol. )
-Its a fly that keeps hitting your tv,but soon as you cut on the light....the fucker vanishes into thin air...
- People send forwards thru text... (swear that should be illegal)
- You were younger, and your mom would call you from outside to change the channel ...(dont act like i was the only one..)
at 12:38 PM
Thursday, July 3, 2008
For some years now...we've seen the quality of the music we listen to slowly water down. I listen to alot of music ( rap, jazz, house, gospel, R & B , neo soul techno..you get the picture) , and rap has been a big part of the music i listen to. Nas ( My favorite rapper) started this big buzz when he said that Hip Hip was Dead. Now, I was for him on that (yup, im bias) . Then you had Southern rappers saying HipHop was in the South. So he definitely ruffled some feathers with that . But if folks dont think they wrong...why would they change??
Then I started thinking... if Hip hop was dead...what the hell is Nas still doing around here?? Why is The Roots still playing shows?? Common is still making hits....Talib still doing his thang. But its not just the "conscience " rappers that still make me rock out. 2pac still gets me going...Snoop still has his moments. Big fan of T.I (even before he was popular)...Freeway 's " even though what we do is wrong" is still one of my favorite songs ...and alot of others .
I was Listening to Mos Def's " Black on Both Sides" Cd....cuz lately, new music been wack. and i think He sums it up on the first track of the album .
"....Listen.. people be askin me all the time,
"Yo Mos, what's gettin ready to happen with Hip-Hop?"
(Where do you think Hip-Hop is goin?)
I tell em, "You know what's gonna happen with Hip-Hop?
Whatever's happening with us"
If we smoked out, Hip-Hop is gonna be smoked out,
If we doin alright, Hip-Hop is gonna be doin alright.
People talk about Hip-Hop like it's some giant livin in the hillside
comin down to visit the townspeople
We are Hip-Hop
Me, you, everybody, we are Hip-Hop.
So Hip-Hop is goin where we goin
So the next time you ask yourself where Hip-Hop is goin
ask yourself.. where am I goin? How am I doin?
Til you get a clear idea
So.. if Hip-Hop is about the people
and Hip-Hop won't get better until the people get better
then how do people get better? (Hmmmm...)
Well, from my understanding people get better
when they start to understand that, they are valuable
And they not valuable because they got a whole lot of money
or cause somebody, think they sexy
but they valuable cause they been created by God
And God, makes you valuable
And whether or not, you recognize that value is one thing..."
at 8:02 AM
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
So i stole this from a random surf of a blogger...seemed cool, so i'll give it a try...but im not tagging anyone, just posting just because.
1. Put Your itunes (Sandisk for me) / music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT
4. After you’ve answered all of the questions, tag 5 other people and then let them know they’ve been tagged to do the meme themselves ( Nah, just doing it cuz i want to )
IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
Dont get it- Lil Wayne ( why he goes off on Rev. Al at the end of this song is beyond me, lol. )
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Get it for Life- Fat Joe ( guess i'll be getting it..ha ha)
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Slump- Outkast ( im wit whatever like weestraw..)
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Take off your Cool- Andre 3000 feat. Norah Jones ( Baby..take off....ya coooooooool!!)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
This Luv- Donnell Jones
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
It's Mines - Mobb Deep feat. Nas
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
Me against the world- 2pac
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
NY weather report- Talib Kweli
WHAT IS 2+2?
The Remedy- Game
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
The world is yours- Nas
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE
Trouble wont last (interlude) - Carl Thomas ( thats nice!)
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
We Shinin'- Rick Ross ( swear its on random..lol)
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Have a party- Mobb Deep feat 50 Cent and Nate Dogg
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Apologize- OneRepublic ( now thats funny)
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Streets is Cold- Marks & om?Mas Mas Keith
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
No clothes on- trey songz ( again...its on random.....)
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
She's not you- Raheem DeVaughan
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
American Dreamin'- Jay-Z
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Blue Magic- Jay-Z
WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
Out of reach- Davor O (...but i didnt...)
at 2:05 PM