Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hometown Love





I love my city.


Born and raised.


I always wondered if i could live somewhere else..Atl....Ny....Cali.....


Probably couldnt go.


Dont want to leave my family and friends that I love the most.


My city has had some negative attention as of recently.


Glad the bulk of the mess is over.


But im not fond of the choices they made for leadership.


All change isn't good.




Wish the Lions would do better. Fire Matt Millen (CEO) is what i been saying for years.


With all the coaching changes and players and such, he's the only constant after all these years.


Its a potential blackout this Sunday at Ford Field.


I wish folks would stop going so that they would make changes.


But if they selling out every year with losing records.....why change anything?





Im a big Pistons fan.


Be pissed off when they lose .


Especially in the playoffs.


The 2003 draft was one of the biggest mistakes the Pistons ever made.






Tigers and the Red Wings...have to admit, im a fair weather fan.


I like to see them win.


But its nothing like watching the Pistons or the Loins play.


Or The Wolverines or the Spartans play.



Good Times..

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

I like watching the Pistons play too...especially at the end of last season. I even thanked them after they were eliminated! hehehehe

Otis said...

hater........

Jazzy said...

*innocently asking* but how I am I hating? Did you miss the part where I wrote, "I like watching the Pistons..."????

Otis said...

yea yea...i guess your not a total hater...lol

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i feel ya, memphis til the day I die

and no online yet, what u need folk

12kyle said...

Never been to tha D but I'd like to go.

I'm a huge fan of JDilla (RIP). He repped Detroit to tha fullest.

Yes...Matt Millen should be fired! Did you see how my Falcons beat the Lions last week. Not braggin b/c we suck...but we shouldn't beat anybody like that.

The Pistons will go as far as 'Sheed takes em. When he wants to play...they are tough to beat!

I know about draft mistakes as a Hawks fan. We could've had Chris Paul and we drafted Marvin Williams. Marvin is good...but he aint no Chris Paul

Otis said...

12....that damn rookie qb made a name for himself in that game


JD was def on the best producers the city, music period has ever seen


and chris paul???!!! wow...we wasnt the only ones that passed up on good picks lol

Dave Van Buren said...

I've never been to Detroit but i was a huge Barry Sanders fan. Since he walked away the Lions have been spinning they wheels. They just keep drafting wide receivers.

Anonymous said...

loving my city too....but you have to do something new. Go to another country and try their city.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

You know, I could have wrote this post myself. Except for one thing... Hell yeah I can see myself moving to another place. These winters are too damn cold!!!

I am such a homer with the sports teams that I think I officially hate on half of the professional franchises in the U.S. because they play in the same city as a team I REALLY hate! For instance OD's Celtics are the reason I hate on all teams from Boston! I even wrote a post on the subject.

Dang! They passed on Chris Paul? That was about as bad as passing on Carmello for Darko...